Dental Implants in Tempe
If you have missing teeth and you’re looking for permanent tooth replacement options, dental implants from the team of Tempe dentists at Sol Dental are an ideal choice for you.
Am I A Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Most healthy people can have dental implants placed. Usually, dental implants are the best for patients who are missing just one or two teeth. Replacing more than that can be very expensive, so dentures are usually a better option for patients who are missing several or most of their teeth.
In addition, if your jaw is weak due to a condition such as osteoarthritis or bone loss caused by periodontitis (gum disease), you might not be able to get dental implants. To find out if you are an eligible candidate, contact Dr. Orozco at Sol Dental today.
What to Expect With Dental Implants
Usually, the placement of a dental implant will require just two appointments at Sol Dental. After Dr. Jaclyn Orozco has decided that you are a viable candidate for a dental implant, we’ll schedule your first appointment.
During this appointment, a post is placed in your jawbone and gum tissue. This post is placed at the root of your missing tooth, and an abutment on the post will extend slightly above the gumline. This is where the dental crown will eventually be attached.
After the post has been placed, it will be given time to heal and permanently bond with the surrounding gum tissue and bone, functioning as an artificial root. This process usually takes somewhere between 3-6 months. During this time, Dr. Orozco will create a dental crown that mimics the shape and appearance of your original tooth.
Once your mouth has healed completely and the post has bonded to the tissue around it, you’ll come in for a second appointment. Your artificial tooth will be checked for a proper fit, and then permanently bonded to the abutment with a dental adhesive.
The Benefit Of Dental Implants
Dental implants are more expensive than dentures or dental bridges, but they have a variety of benefits that make them a better overall investment.
- Permanent Restoration – Dental implants are permanent. With proper care, you will never have to replace a dental implant. It will last you for the rest of your life. In contrast, dentures usually require replacement every 5 years, and dental bridges will usually need to be rebuilt every 10-15 years. Over time, dental implants are actually more cost-effective than other tooth restoration procedures.
- Dental Implants Look and Feel Natural – Dental implants feel just like a normal tooth. After your procedure is complete, it will be almost impossible to distinguish it from the rest of your teeth. You can chew, bite and speak normally, and nobody has to know that you have a dental implant.
- Requires No Specialized Care – Treat it exactly as you would for a natural tooth. Simply brush your teeth twice a day and floss regularly, and make sure that you see a dentist for a regular 6-month tooth cleaning. That’s it. There are no food restrictions or specialized care requirements for dental implants.
- Prevents Damage to Teeth and Gums – If you are missing a tooth, your other teeth will naturally “shift” towards the gap in your mouth. This can lead to permanent damage to your smile and your bite. A dental implant is the best way to prevent this.
Common Issues That Dental Implants Can Treat
Dental implants are the best way to treat the common issues that can result from a missing tooth. Here are a few of the problems that can be treated with the use of a dental implant.
- Teeth shifting – After you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth will slowly begin to shift toward the empty socket. This can cause your teeth to become crooked and interfere with a proper bite. Dental implants prevent this by filling up the space where your missing tooth used to be, ensuring your teeth do not shift.
- Uneven tooth wear – Another common issue related to tooth loss is uneven wearing down of teeth. Once you’ve lost a tooth, the adjacent teeth may be subjected to more uneven, heavy pressure when you bite and chew. In turn, this can lead to damage to the teeth. Dental implants allow you to restore your smile and replace your missing teeth, preventing uneven tooth wear.
- Bone resorption – Dental implants have the unique ability to prevent bone resorption due to tooth loss. Once you’ve lost a natural tooth, the underlying bone will no longer be stimulated by the pressure of biting, chewing and smiling, and it will begin to deteriorate. Because dental implants function as an artificial tooth root, they stimulate the jaw bone, preventing this from occurring. Other types of dental restorations, like dental bridges and dentures, cannot do this.
What Can I Expect from the Implant Healing Process?
Following your procedure, Dr. Orozco will provide you with comprehensive instructions for the recovery process. There are two phases in the implant healing process. First, your mouth will go through an initial healing and recovery period from the surgery. For a few days after your implant surgery, you may experience some bruising, swelling, discomfort, and minor bleeding. However, most of these symptoms should subside within 24-48 hours. You should wait at least 4 days before engaging in heavy exercise, and you will likely need to eat soft foods for about 7-14 days after your procedure. Be careful and gentle when brushing around the implant site.
After about 2 weeks, your implant will be healed. Then, the second phase of implant healing, which is known as “osseointegration” begins. Your implant is made of Titanium, which has the unique ability to bond permanently with the gum and jaw tissue in your mouth. Over a period of 3-6 months, your dental implant will become completely surrounded by your jaw tissue, and bonded into place. Once your implant has fully osseointegrated, the healing process is complete, and your implant-supported restoration can be attached to your dental implant, restoring your smile.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are the best permanent method of treating missing teeth. Compared to alternative treatments like dentures and dental bridges, which may need to be replaced every 5-15 years, dental implants are a much better long-term option for restoring missing teeth.
With proper care, such as regular brushing, flossing, and visits to Sol Dental for teeth cleanings and oral exams, your implants can last a lifetime.
Sol Dental – Your #1 Choice For Dental Implants In Tempe
Not sure if dental implants are right for you? Call the Tempe dentist at Sol Dental today for an appointment. Dr. Orozco will perform a comprehensive oral exam, and help you understand whether or not you’re a candidate for dental implants.
With a dedication to patient satisfaction, an informative style of dentistry, and a positive attitude, Dr. Orozco is a truly wonderful dentist who will take great care of you. Don’t let tooth loss prevent you from living your best life. Contact us by phone at (602) 497-2467 for an appointment, or come to our office at 2139 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282.
“Best dentist I have ever gone to by far, friendly, caring and very knowledgeable at what she does and her assistant was amazing too. The two work very good together, making your time and money worth every bit of it. I will continue to use this dentist and refer her to family and friends. Thanks Sol Dental!”
“This office is great and I'll tell you why! You can watch Netflix while you are getting work done on your teeth. This helps you relax and makes the time go by faster. I have been to a few dentists over the years but Dr. Orozco is very detail oriented and tells me things most dentists seem to overlook. The staff is friendly and the office is clean. I would recommend everyone I like to go here!”
“After moving to the valley from the midwest, i was in search for a new dentist and after searching on different sites Sol Dental stood out. I made the appointment and I had a great experience. From Kala at the front desk to Ximena to Dr. Orozco. Everything was explained to me as far as my treatment and they took care of me. Looks like I found a new dentist for me and my family.”
“I needed a new dentist closer to home and had a feeling I might have a cavity. I l did some research and decided this is the best dentist for me. Everyone's posts are exactly correct. I felt like royalty! After doing a very thorough exam she determined that I didn't have a cavity! Stop your search here and schedule an appointment!”
“Both my husband and I were completely impressed with Sol dental. I have had lots of dental work and surgeries done over the past 30 years and this visit by far has been the best dental experience that I have ever had. The office was very clean and the staff and Dr were very professional,kind,knowledgeable and also gentle. I am so excited I finally found a great dental practice.”
“Just had my second appointment at this office and I can't say enough about how great Dr. Orozco and her staff are! This office is so sleek and it was great to watch music videos in a massaging chair during my cleaning!”
“Dr. Orozco is extremely caring and gentle. From start to finish I felt like I was cared for by a true professional. I would strongly recommend Sol Dental to all.”
“By far the best dental office I have been to! Great experience with the staff, very professional atmosphere and love the work I have had done.”
“Trust and Compassion is at the Heart of our Community”
Every patient deserves to experience their highest level of oral health in an environment built on trust, integrity and compassion.